Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Scented Snowball Votives!!



These are Peppermint Patty Scented Snowball Votives! The votives are made from pillar palm wax. I added peppermint patty scent and no color. Then I melted a pillar paraffin wax with some steric acid. I added peppermint patty scent and no color. I waited for the paraffin wax to congeal and started to whip it like icing with a fork. When it started to get clumpy, but still very hot to the touch, I gobbed it on my votive. I made sure to get every inch of the sides and on the top. If all parts of the sides aren't covered well, then you could have a blow out and have hot wax spilling out from the side of your candle. This votive burned beautifully! It burned slow with a nice steady flame. The palm wax, a clean burning wax, burned and left a soft shell that was the paraffin wax. These still need to be treated like a pillar candle when burned and fold in the edges of the candle when warm if needed. It also needs to be burned on a candle holder in case there is any wax spillage. These are going to make wonderful holiday gifts!

No comments: